Job Title: Mapping Expert
Mission: Leaders International
Hours: 20 working-days
Reporting to: Country Manager - Tunisia
Contract: Open-ended contract
About Leaders International
Leaders International is an international network of local organizations that plans, manages, and monitors regional innovation and economic development interventions. Through its offices in Brussels, Amman, and Ramallah, Leaders International provides complete project-management services with a focus on private-sector development, enterprise development, job creation, entrepreneurship, D4D, economic policy dialogue, and tourism value chain development.
The project aims to promote the growth of Tunisia’s alternative sustainable tourism products and their contribution to employment. In collaboration with public and private partners and civil society representatives, the project aims to strengthen the tourism offer by improving the quality of products and services offered by alternative tourism activities. The project aims to implement an innovative and demand-driven approach to build the capacity of major actors in alternative tourism.
The Mapping Expert working for Leaders International is 20 working days based in Tunisia. The Mapping Expert shall be responsible for conducting a mapping of existing and potential touristic offerings within the scope of offers being proposed. Identify potential actors within the public and the private sector as well as private society representatives, and select up-to 50 Small and Medium Enterprises working or have the capabilities to offer touristic activities in the selected regions
1 Study Mapping the trans-Tunisia Hiking trail in terms of location and potential for implementation.
A list of 50 SMEs that are able to work in these domains.
Qualification, Knowledge, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Tourism, Hospitality, management, or related fields.
- Over 2 years of experience in managing Touristic initiatives, with a concentration on inbound tourism in the MENA region.
- Excellent research, communication, and reporting skills.
- Fully proficient in software packages (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Previous work experience with donor-funded programs focusing on upgrading Tourism in the MENA region.
- Fully proficient in Arabic and French. Fluency in English is an asset.
Taxes and other Terms:
- The offer should be including VAT
- For individual consultants, Applicable tax laws apply