- Sage X3 technical implementation or technical implementation of a similar ERP solution
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or equivalent experience required.
- A consultative background with a record of delivering solutions within defined timeframes and budgets.
- A keen understanding of business needs, and ability to ensure technical solutions, strategies, and practices, and deliver business and customer value.
- Experience consulting on systems architecture, software performance, systems security, and database optimization.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong experience in diagnosing and resolving complex system issues.
- Strong interest in research and the creation of solutions for novel problems
- Strong interest in learning new software, approaches, and technical skills
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server basics:
- Basic Installation of a SQL instance
- Basic understanding of how the SQL engine uses different elements of the database to provide a solution (data files, indexes, backups, tempdb, memory, etc.)
- Configuration of simple SQL server maintenance plans, file locations, recovery model, and memory limits
- Familiarity with SQL Server Management Studio
- Ability to read and write basic SQL queries.
Basic knowledge of:
SSL certificates and how they are used to secure websites.
Ability to document technical designs.
Ability to write and maintain How-Tos and SOPs for complex procedures.
Systems security and authentication - ie. LDAP, OAuth2, SAML2, etc.
Ability to utilize SQL Server Management Studio to research problems.
Use SSMS to identify and resolve blocking.
Use SQL Profiler and Extended Events to identify errors and performance issues.
Use of SQL DMVs to suggest improvements to setups.
Knowledge and ability to manage data, log, and index file locations.
Set up and maintain maintenance plans for backups, and index fragmentation.
Set up SQL alerts to warn administrators of issues requiring attention.
Development Experience in Sage X3 4GL or other languages
Scripting in Windows Command Line and PowerShell.
Basic familiarity with OpenSSL