As a Qore Software Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing portions of our next-generation data science platform. You will join a small, focused team of engineers working to solve tough challenges on the frontier of big data analytics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain software frameworks underlying our data analytics platform
- Create software utilities and components that interface with our platform
- Define, document and implement RESTful interfaces/web services
- Install and upgrade software stack components as needed
- Experience designing/integrating heterogeneous software systems
- Experience building Microservices using Node.js or Python
- Resourceful in getting things done, self-starter, and productive working independently or collaboratively – ours is a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with performance expectations and deadlines.
- Ability to learn quickly and contribute ideas that make the team, processes, and solutions better
- Ability to communicate your ideas (verbal and written) so that team members and clients can understand them
- Ability to defend your professional decisions and organize proof that your ideas and processes are correct
- Share our values: growth, relationships, integrity, and true grit
- B.S. or equivalent in a computational discipline: computer science, applied mathematics, engineering, or related field
- 2+ years experience in a related role
- Proficiency using Docker, Linux, Shell scripting, Java, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with databases such as MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Neo4J, etc.
- Familiarity with distributed processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Drill
- Familiarity with the Data Science, Machine Learning and Big Data ecosystems