Title: Product Support Specialist
Company: Insignia Software
Job type: Remote.
Languages required: English, French, Arabic
About the position: This is a full-time position and will start as soon a suitable candidate is found. Our office is located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, and the candidate will be working remotely from 8 AM-5 PM Mountain Standard Time.
Who we are: We are a team on a mission to simplify and streamline the work that our educators and librarians do to make knowledge accessible to everyone. Specializing in Library Automation Systems and other education-industry software, we strive to develop and distribute easy-to-use software solutions that empower the future of our schools and libraries.
Description: Insignia Software is seeking energetic candidates to provide technical support and training for the Insignia Library System and the Insignia Student Information System. Insignia’s customers range from K-12 school districts and public libraries to academic and special libraries that use our ILS to manage their operations. As a Product Support Specialist for Insignia, you will gain an in-depth understanding of all aspects of library management and will have an opportunity to help librarians all over the world with their daily work.
Requirements: This position involves providing support for various software products. Experience in other library automation systems and student information systems is an asset. Past experience in providing technical support is a definite asset. Day to day tasks include but are not limited to:
1. Providing phone and email support to troubleshoot user queries
2. Product enhancement recommendations to improve the product
3. Responsible for quality control/bug testing of new releases
4. Research projects
5. Updating the user manual
6. Updating ShowMe video tutorials
7. Support product development through research and documentation
8. Providing training to customers, either online or in-person
9. Updating knowledgebase cases and release notes
10. It is possible we may require periodic travel for training, conferences, or onsite visits to customers
- IT, Library, or related degree. Equivalent experience and a diploma will be considered.
- People person with excellent phone/email manners
- Excellent writing and typing skills
- Someone who both enjoys and excels at problem-solving
- Very knowledgeable about all Microsoft Office products
- Must speak English, French, Arabic
- Teaching/Training experience is a definite asset
- 2-5 years experience preferred